Saturday, April 26, 2008

Fun with ducks!

By our house is a little creek/river of water that is home to ducks, geese, goats, and sea gulls. It is made to allow people to feed the ducks without getting near the water. It has a fence that surrounds it and a car pull over section to where you can stand in front of your car and feed the ducks. we took Mason there to feed the ducks. I am glad we did, Mason would have loved to be in the river instead of feeding the ducks. such a daddy's boy when it comes to the outdoors. Mason did a good job learning to tear the bread then throw it to the ducks. The first time I gave him a slice of bread he threw the whole thing and it was funny to watch the duck try to peck at it to swallow it. But once Mason got the hang of it, the whole loaf of bread was gone in minutes. It was a very fun day for all of us. McKenna was asleep in the car.


2 comments:

Merilee said...

Yeah! I am glad you were able to get out to feed the ducks, after our last attempt. :)

Jen Trost said...

I'm so glad you're on your blog again!! I'm sure you've been busy with Mason and McKenna but we love hearing from you!! Thanks for tagging me... I'll post soon.